For most players, online gambling is a fun and simple form of entertainment. However, as an online gaming site, we must ensure that there are adequate protections and safeguards in place to protect against underage and problem gambling. Tropezia Palace is fully committed to the development of a responsible gaming environment for all of its members.
At Tropezia Palace, we take responsible gaming very seriously and see it as one of our main priorities. To this end, members of our staff are trained to identify potential addictive and/or problem behavioural patterns and respond to them accordingly. We will always provide the best possible assistance for compulsive players, or those who need help managing their time on our site.
Some of the options that may be suggested by our team include:
- Giving players a 'rest-period' from their account. This is anything between a week to 6 months.
- Providing contacts to licenced organisations that specialise in treating addiction problems.
Protection against underage use
The law prohibits anyone under the age of 18 from opening an account or playing on Tropezia Palace. Appropriate measures are taken to protect against the use of our casino by underage players. Our software, for example, prevents the registration of anyone under the age of 18. However, if you are concerned that any person under the age of 18 may be using your computer to play our games, we would advise you to:
- Monitor any children/minors who have access to your computer when you are connected to Tropezia Palace
- Use specialised parental control applications, such as Cyberpatrol, to block underage access to gambling sites
- Keep all information regarding your player account and your credit card details confidential
- Do not use the 'save password' option when browsing sensitive websites
- Create different profiles for anyone accessing your computer so that nobody has direct access to your personal information
If you are aware of a player under the age of 18 who uses Tropezia Palace, please contact our customer service team immediately. Please bear in mind that nobody under the age of 18 is eligible to claim back any winnings from Tropezia Palace and we ask for proof of identity upon your first withdrawal.
Some simple rules to follow
Most players bet within their means. However, there may come a time when a player feels that can no longer control their gambling behaviour. To avoid this situation from developing into an addiction, we would advise that you think of the games as:
- Entertainment only, not a way to make money
- Your potential losses are the costs involved in playing the game and your winnings are bonuses
- Set yourself a time limit not to be exceeded before starting a game session
- Set yourself a loss limit and stick to it. Allocate an amount you can afford to lose and set it up on your 'manage your budget' tool in your lobby.
- Remember that you should consider the you will lose. Most of the time you will be paying for the enjoyment of the game as the odds are in favour of the casino.
- Learn about the warning signs of an addiction problem so you can avoid it
- Under no circumstances should you borrow money to gamble
- Keep your social, family and working life as rich as possible. Gaming should not be a loophole
- Never try to cover your losses. Keep in mind that your losses are part of the game and trying to recover them at all costs will lead to even further losses
You should always be in control of your own spending and if you doubt yourself, or circumstances change, contact our friendly support team to help.
In turn, you should regularly ask yourself some basic questions to identify your motivation for playing. Here are some of the most important:
- Does your gambling activity interfere with your work, social or family life?
- Do you continue to play when you have suffered big losses?
- Do you sometimes bet under the influence of alcohol or drugs?
- Do you gamble to escape a routine or problems in your day-to-day life?
If you've answered yes to more than one of the questions above, you might be on to the path towards being a compulsive gambler. You can contact a specialised organisation like Gamble Aware, Gamblers Anonymous, Gambling Therapy and GamCare to learn more and receive assistance should you need it.
If you feel that you would like to stop playing for a period of time, you can contact our customer service team to ask for your account to be closed temporarily. Just let us know the length of the rest period you would like to take, whether that is seven days, one month, six months or more. This is entirely up to you. During this period, you will not be able to log-in to your account. When you confirm that you will be taking a rest period, you receive a confirmation email within 24 to 48 hours clarifying your request and reminding you of the start and end date of your rest period. You will also receive information on how to re-open your account when the time comes.
If you would like more information on responsible gambling or would like to discuss your addiction problems further, we invite you to contact a member of our dedicated customer support team.